UNC Charlotte's 951-acre campus contains more than 7 million square feet of facilities. It is the job of the Department of Facilities Management to make sure every acre and square foot is properly maintained. The department plans for the future of the physical campus and manages the university's capital expansion, which has exceeded $1 billion over the past 12 years.
In recognition of its efforts, the department received the prestigious Association of Higher Education Facilities Officers (APPA) Award for Excellence in 2014.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Capital construction
- Custodial operations
- Facilities and space planning
- Maintenance, repair, and renovation
- Real estate
- Roads, grounds and playing field upkeep
- Utilities (electricity, water, waste water)
- Waste management and recycling
Associate Vice Chancellor for Facilities Management