Welcome to the Vice Chancellor for Business Affairs’ website. We hope that this site will give you insight into the Business Affairs division, the university’s second largest operating unit. From budgets to buffets and from hiring to heating, we provide resources and services needed to make the campus run. Please use this site to find the services you need from the more than 1,000 state and service partner employees of Business Affairs.
MISSIONBusiness Affairs plans for and provides essential human, financial, facility, and administrative support services to the university that are customer focused, results oriented, fiscally sound, and integrity bound.
VISIONBusiness Affairs seeks to create an environment that enables good stewardship, rewards collaboration, and promotes excellence, thereby supporting the vital role of public higher education for Charlotte and North Carolina.
Do Things Better
- Excellence is the standard by which we measure our success.
- We rely on individual and team achievement to address our customers’ changing needs.
- We want to delight our customers.
Do Better Things
- We encourage our employees to go beyond “just good enough.” We need to change “the system.”
- We encourage organizational and personal learning and development.
- Collaboration and communication are critical to the success of our team.
- Innovation, change, and growth are expected of us all.
Do The Right Thing
- We are committed to high standards of ethical conduct in everything we do.
- We are accountable for our words and deeds and believe that honesty and integrity help build trusting relationships.
- We will respect the rights and dignity of others.